Tuesday, November 17, 2020

I Learned Something New Today

It seems like I learn something each day I use my camera. Usually I use Mannual mode but today I decided to try Aperture priority mode. I was doing a shoot during an outdoor tent covered event starting slightly before golden hour to just before blue hour. Challenging lighting conditions.

I thought flash might be useful in back light situations. So I attached the flash and ass-u-med it was working. It wasn't but I didn't take time to figure it out. Well I found that flash will not fire when using electronic shutter. Lesson 1.

When using Manual mode the front dial adjusts Aperture and the rear  dial adjusts the shutter speed. However when using Aperture or Shutter priority the front dial adjusts exposure compensation while the rear dial adjust the Aperture or Shutter speed respectfully. Lesson 2 I don't need to press the stupid exposure comp button.

No comments:

Post a Comment