Sunday, June 30, 2024

Moving from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom (Update 20240923)

 Some may ask Why? Well I've hedged my bets so I can go back. I created xmp sidecar on every imported image. I changed so that xmp sidecars are created for each import and edit. Since lightroom desktop any edit there will also use the xmp. When you use Lightroom Classic you get an indication that the metadata was changed by outside of LrC choose to use the metadata on the disk.

First I created a folder under me master photos folder called Lightroom Desktop. In Lightroom Classic Library folders I changed my folder name to Lightroom Classic.

Now all new images will be copied from my camera to Lightroom Desktop. I have a folder CATAGORIES  and under that I have folder for ANIMIALS, PEOPLE, LANDSCAPE,  and others. Each subcategory I will further refine to others as needed. 

I can use my camera microphone to record a short description of the shoot and other information as needed. The import dialog in Classic ignores that information.

Yes there are some "short comings" but none are show stoppers. 

When I wanted to create a slideshow I select the images and moved them to a subfolder, Slideshow-name.


Why use Lightroom Desktop? No catalog, basically the Local tab is a browser and when you have your best images you can add them to the cloud and use web, mobile, portfolio and other that the Adobe Ecosystem.

No comments:

Post a Comment