Saturday, December 9, 2023

Will moving to Lightroom change my Post-processing?

A friend asked "... better understanding of how moving to Lightroom would change my post-processing."

The short answer, not at all. It's a matter of workflow.

My longer answer "Nothing in post processing has really changed. No one will improve their editing. Camera RAW is Lightroom, they're dentical. The layout in Lightroom is better than classic.

Think of Lightroom as file browser that links to Lightroom Development with the browser.

To me the gain is no catalog, library, lost images, no need to choose delete catalog or delete from disk and catalog.

The loss is no collections in local, no labels, map, book, print, no edit history (but you can create "snap shots")...
 
As far as no labels, I the main directory of a shoot I have created a subdirectory and put the shoot there. Then after that I only move the best to the top level.

If you installed presets they don't directly transfer. They are on your computer and easily loaded."


No comments:

Post a Comment