Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Don't Ask Me ...

Often I heard a photographer ask, "what settings should I use?"

How do I know,
  • what are you trying to accomplish?
  • what camera are you using?
  • what lens are you using, zoom, macro, prime?
  • any lens filter
  •.What camera mode, A, S, P, M, custom modes?
  • mirrorless
  • Bokeh, 
  • ???

You need to define your objective, composition, your camera capabilities, your capabilities.

So the settings? In that simple question that I can't answer.

What's your answer?

Read more from Robin Wong
And Jared Polin from where I have learned a lot.
Also you should review It's All About Stops

2 comments:

  1. Yet again at a night shot of a rocket launch the, what settings are you...

    I'm using an Olympus OM-D E-M5 iii and I'm seeing up to use live composite mode. My settings don't apply to the Nikon Z50 shooter.

    Again you must know your goal. Do you want a series of shots to combine to get a long flame trail? Do you want a maximum flame trail in a single shot? Do you want star trails in your shot?

    The photographer must have a goal in mind for there photo. No goal? Don't take a shot. That said a goal of learning it's a valid goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.joeedelman.com/purpose-and-feeling-for-correct-exposur

    ReplyDelete