Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Only Show Your Best

In a group I'm in we're often reminded by Randy, the group leader, "... only show your best ...". To often many more images than necessary. I too fall into that trap. But several images showing the same scene with slight changes in position is boring.

I stop viewing whenever I see that a person has posted 30 or so images. What's the point? When I go to shoot wildlife, action our similar, I may take offer 300 images. "Film" is cheap. Just a few a worthy of showing. That said when I shoot a sporting event I'll try and get a better than good image of each participant.

I recently read in Photography Life

"Be Diligent about Which Photos You Display

Let’s say that you made 1000 smoothies, and you only ever let people taste the ten best. They’d think that every smoothie you make is amazing.

In landscape photography, the same thing holds true. Even Ansel Adams said that one successful photo a month is a good crop. So, don’t feel pressured into showing as many photos as possible. Instead, put a lot of care into the work you display. A couple of bad photos can drag down the quality of an amazing portfolio."

No comments:

Post a Comment