Monday, September 5, 2022

Image Stabilization On or Off?

 Should you turn off image stabilization when you camera is mounted to a tripod?

You can find augments for yes or  no. 

I believe yes if you are talking about the first or second generation of digital cameras. I have found it difficult to find reliable information.  I believe that the implementation by a camera manufacture is the real reason for the variance for the belief. Link to Nikon VR this from B & H.


Olympus/ OM Systems provides this and from Robin Wong


For me I always forget to even think about turning off stabilization when I am using a tripod. When I remember to take long exposure photo I'll try to remember to do my own test with my OM-D E-M5 iii.


The best answer is to your own testing on your camera. 


From fstoppers

No comments:

Post a Comment