Monday, September 18, 2023

Lens Filters, Who knew

 I recently saw a milky way photo with foreground lighting that had star bursts on a point light source taken with a Hasselbland f/4.0 21mm. So I asked how do you get star bursts with an f/4.0 aperture? Every thing I've read is use a small aperture like f/11.0 or smaller.


A reply said that the photographer likely used a Star Filter. What? Frequently we hear about UV, CpL, ND, graduated ND  and light pollution filters. So my education is lacking so I asked Bard for help.


Some of there special filters that it, Bard is an it (AI ).

  • Close-up filter to allow allow you to focus closer than your camera. See Hoya
  • Light Pollution filter From PetaPixel to get the detail. and see Hoya.
  • Star Burst to create a star burst say in an aperture of f/4.0 again from Hoya.
  • And more see PetaPixel


From Bard Types of Filters and Special Filters 


No comments:

Post a Comment